Clark Counseling Services, LLC is looking for motivated, driven and dedicated Mental Health Professionals for our Windsor, CT and Needham MA locations. Interested candidates should email their resume’s to [email protected]
Mental Health Counselor:
Part Time Contract to hire LPC/LMHC needed for CT and MA. The LPC/LMHC will provide ongoing behavioral health treatment, treatment planning, and care coordination for clients at Clark Counseling Services, LLC from intake to termination. Part time hours flexible in CT and Part time in MA needed for Monday through Friday. Weekend opportunities also available.
The Mental Health Counselor will counsel individuals and groups to promote optimum mental wellness. The Mental Health Counselor will help individuals deal with thoughts of suicide; addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
- Counsels clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes. Maintains confidentiality of records relating to clients’ treatment.
- Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies to deal with their problems. Encourages clients to express their feelings and to discuss what is happening in their lives and helps them develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Collects information about clients through interviews, observations, and tests. Prepares and maintains treatment records and reports via an electronic health record.
- Evaluates clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information. Develops and implements treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge. Acts as a client advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Coordinate with community case management and other supports as needed
- Consult with Supervisor by phone or email as needed.
- 30 + billable hours per month (caseload of approximately 20 clients)
- Schedules and transports self to all client appointments independently.
- Geographic area is predominantly Hartford County, CT and Boston, MA Metro Area.
- Submit billings, mileage and completed documentation to agency supervisor on monthly basis
- Attend supervision meetings as needed via in person or remote
- Billable hours 70% of contracted insurance rates.
- Experience working with chronic mental health issues is desirable
- Familiarity working with the LGBTQ+ Community desirable
- Comfort with providing counseling via phone and telehealth
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Self-directed, independent, ethical and compassionate
- Capable of managing documentation without close oversight
- Familiarity with an electronic health record and Microsoft Office Suite environment is desirable
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance
- Current active professional liability insurance $1,000,000 individual, $5,000,000 aggregate.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology or Social Work
- Licensed to practice counseling in CT and MA (Associates may be considered)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.